Scrabble word: CONTAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does CONTAIN exist?
Definitions of CONTAIN in dictionaries:
- verb - include or contain
- verb - contain or hold
- verb - lessen the intensity of
- verb - be divisible by
- verb - be capable of holding or containing
- verb - hold back, as of a danger or an enemy
- To have within; hold.
- To be capable of holding.
- To have as component parts; include or comprise: The album contains many memorable songs.
- To hold or keep within limits; restrain: I could hardly contain my curiosity.
- To halt the spread or development of; check: Science sought an effective method of containing the disease.
- To check the expansion or influence of (a hostile power or ideology) by containment.
- To be exactly divisible by.
- verb - to hold within