Scrabble word: STRAIGHT
In which Scrabble dictionary does STRAIGHT exist?
Definitions of STRAIGHT in dictionaries:
- noun - a heterosexual person
- noun - a poker hand with 5 consecutive cards (regardless of suit)
- noun - a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
- adj - successive (without a break)
- adj - having no deviations
- adj - (of hair) having no waves or curls
- adj - erect in posture
- adj - in keeping with the facts
- adj - characterized by honesty and fairness
- adj - no longer coiled
- adj - free from curves or angles
- adj - neatly arranged
- adj - not homosexual
- adj - accurately fitted
- adj - without evasion or compromise
- adj - without water
- adj - following a correct or logical method
- adj - rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
- adv - without deviation
- adv - in a forthright manner
- adv - in a straight line
- Extending continuously in the same direction without curving: a straight line.
- Having no waves or bends: straight hair.
- Erect; upright: has a straight, strong back.
- Perfectly horizontal or vertical; level or even: The mirror isn’t straight.
- Direct and candid: a straight answer.
- Following a direct or correct method or approach; systematic: straight reasoning.
- Coming from a reliable source; factual: a straight tip; straight information.
- Showing or marked by honesty or fair-mindedness: straight business dealings.
- Right; correct: made sure the facts were straight in the report.
- Neatly arranged; orderly: The room is straight again.
- Uninterrupted; consecutive: sick for five straight days; their fourth straight victory.
- Having the parts or details in correct sequence.
- Made up of five cards constituting a sequence in poker.
- Characterized by undeviating support, as of a principle or a political party: always votes a straight party line; a straight Democrat.
- Not deviating from what is considered socially normal, usual, or acceptable; conventional.
- Conventional to an extreme degree.
- Not being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Not deviating from the normal or strict form: straight Freudian analysis.
- Not altered, embellished, or modified: does straight comedy.
- Concerned with serious or important matters: a straight drama without comedy or music.
- Of or relating to a straight man.
- Not mixed with anything else; undiluted: straight bourbon.
- Sold without discount regardless of the amount purchased.
- In a straight line; directly.
- In an erect posture; upright.
- Without detour or delay: went straight home.
- Without circumlocution; candidly: I’ll say it to you straight: you’re wrong.
- In a neat and orderly condition: put the living room straight.
- In an honest, law-abiding, or virtuous manner: lives straight.
- Without stopping; continuously: walked six hours straight.
- Without embellishment or modification: tell the joke straight; play the role straight.
- Without ice, water, or a mixer: drinks her whiskey straight.
- The straight part, as of a road: “The car darted forward on to the straight” (Kingsley Amis).
- The straight part of a racecourse between the winning post and the last turn.
- A straight line.
- A straight form or position.
- A poker hand containing five cards of various suits in numerical sequence, ranked above three of a kind and below a flush.
- A conventional person, especially one considered a member of established society.
- A heterosexual person.
- A person who does not use illegal drugs.
- adj - extending uniformly in one direction without bends or irregularities
There are 8 letters in STRAIGHT: A G H I R S T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STRAIGHT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STRAIGHT plus a wildcard: STRAIGHT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STRAIGHT
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for STRAIGHT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.