Scrabble word: GAS
In which Scrabble dictionary does GAS exist?
Definitions of GAS in dictionaries:
- noun - the state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by: relatively low density and viscosity
- noun - a fluid in the gaseous state having neither independent shape nor volume and being able to expand indefinitely
- noun - a volatile flammable mixture of hydrocarbons (hexane and heptane and octane etc.) derived from petroleum
- noun - a state of excessive gas in the alimentary canal
- noun - a pedal that controls the throttle valve
- noun - a fossil fuel in the gaseous state
- noun - the first known nerve agent, synthesized by German chemists in 1936
- noun - a rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element
- noun - a state in southeastern United States
- verb - attack with gas
- verb - show off
- The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by relatively low density and viscosity, relatively great expansion and contraction with changes in pressure and temperature, the ability to diffuse readily, and the spontaneous tendency to become distributed uniformly throughout any container.
- A substance in the gaseous state.
- A gaseous fuel, such as natural gas.
- The speed control of a gasoline engine: Step on the gas.
- A gaseous asphyxiant, irritant, or poison.
- A gaseous anesthetic, such as nitrous oxide.
- Idle or boastful talk.
- Someone or something exceptionally exciting or entertaining: The party was a gas.
- To treat chemically with gas.
- To overcome, disable, or kill with poisonous fumes.
- To give off gas.
- To talk excessively.
- verb - to supply with gas (a substance capable of indefinite expansion)