Scrabble word: SNAG
In which Scrabble dictionary does SNAG exist?
Definitions of SNAG in dictionaries:
- noun - a sharp protuberance
- noun - a dead tree that is still standing, usually in an undisturbed forest
- noun - an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
- noun - an unforeseen obstacle
- verb - catch on a snag
- verb - get by acting quickly and smartly
- verb - hew jaggedly
- A tree or a part of a tree that protrudes above the surface in a body of water.
- A snaggletooth.
- A break, pull, or tear in fabric.
- An unforeseen or hidden obstacle.
- A short or imperfectly developed branch of a deer’s antler.
- To tear, break, hinder, or destroy by or as if by a snag: snagged a stocking on a splinter.
- To catch unexpectedly and quickly: snagged a bargain.
- To free of snags: snagged the river.
- To catch (fish): “We violate all speed limits... to catch the opening of the annual paddlefish snagging season” (John Hoey).
- verb - to catch on a snag (a jagged protuberance)