Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: TIGHT
In which Scrabble dictionary does TIGHT exist?
Definitions of TIGHT in dictionaries:
- adj - closely constrained or constricted or constricting
- adj - pulled or drawn tight
- adj - set so close together as to be invulnerable to penetration
- adj - pressed tightly together
- adj - (used of persons or behavior) characterized by or indicative of lack of generosity
- adj - affected by scarcity and expensive to borrow
- adj - of such close construction as to be impermeable
- adj - of textiles
- adj - securely or solidly fixed in place
- adj - (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched
- adj - very drunk
- adj - exasperatingly difficult to handle or circumvent
- adj - demanding strict attention to rules and procedures
- adj - packed closely together
- adv - firmly or closely
- adv - in an attentive manner
- Fixed or fastened firmly in place: a tight lid; tight screws; a tight knot.
- Stretched or drawn out fully: a tight wire; a tight drumhead.
- Of such close construction as to be impermeable: cloth tight enough to hold water; warm in our tight little cabin.
- Leaving little empty space through compression; compact: a tight suitcase; a tight weave.
- Affording little spare time; full: a tight schedule.
- Closely reasoned or concise: a tight argument; a tight style of writing.
- Fitting close or too close to the skin; snug: a tight collar; a fit that was much too tight.
- Personally close; intimate: “me and the D.
- Experiencing a feeling of constriction: a tight feeling in the chest.
- Reluctant to spend or give; stingy.
- Obtainable with difficulty or only at a high price: tight money.
- Affected by scarcity: a tight market.
- Difficult to deal with or get out of: a tight spot.
- Barely profitable: a tight bargain.
- Closely contested; close: a tight match.
- Neat and trim in appearance or arrangement.
- Marked by full control over elements or subordinates; firm: tight management; a tight orchestral performance.
- Intoxicated; drunk.
- Firmly; securely.
- Soundly: sleep tight.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “not slack or loose on account of being pulled or drawn out fully”: a tight skirt; taut sails; tense piano strings.
- adv - firmly or closely fixed in place [adj TIGHTER, TIGHTEST] : TIGHTLY
There are 5 letters in TIGHT: G H I T T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TIGHT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TIGHT plus a wildcard: TIGHT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TIGHT
Images for TIGHT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.