Scrabble word: SUPERIOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does SUPERIOR exist?
Definitions of SUPERIOR in dictionaries:
- noun - one of greater rank or station or quality
- noun - the head of a religious community
- noun - a combatant who is able to defeat rivals
- noun - the largest freshwater lake in the world
- noun - a town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth
- noun - a character or symbol set or printed or written above and immediately to one side of another character
- adj - of high or superior quality or performance
- adj - of or characteristic of high rank or importance
- adj - (sometimes followed by `to') not subject to or influenced by
- adj - written or printed above and to one side of another character
- adj - having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit
- adj - having a higher rank
- adj - (often followed by `to') above being affected or influenced by
- Higher than another in rank, station, or authority: a superior officer.
- Of a higher nature or kind.
- Of great value or excellence; extraordinary.
- Greater in number or amount than another: an army defeated by superior numbers of enemy troops.
- Affecting an attitude of disdain or conceit; haughty and supercilious.
- Above being affected or influenced; indifferent or immune: “Trust magnates were superior to law” (Gustavus Myers).
- Located higher than another; upper.
- Set above the main line of type.
- Of wider or more comprehensive application; generic.
- One who surpasses another in rank or quality.
- The head of a religious community, such as a monastery, an abbey, or a convent.
- A superior character, as the number 2 in x2.
- noun - one of higher rank, quality, or authority than another