Scrabble word: PIOUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does PIOUS exist?
Definitions of PIOUS in dictionaries:
- adj - having or showing or expressing reverence for a deity
- Having or exhibiting religious reverence; earnestly compliant in the observance of religion; devout.
- Marked by conspicuous devoutness: a pious and holy observation.
- Marked by false devoutness; solemnly hypocritical: a pious fraud.
- Devotional: pious readings.
- Professing or exhibiting a strict, traditional sense of virtue and morality; high-minded.
- Commendable; worthy: a pious effort.
- adv - marked by religious reverence [adj] : PIOUSLY