Scrabble word: SACRIFICE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SACRIFICE exist?
Definitions of SACRIFICE in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
- noun - personnel that are sacrificed (e.g., surrendered or lost in order to gain an objective)
- noun - a loss entailed by giving up or selling something at less than its value
- noun - the act of killing (an animal or person) in order to propitiate a deity
- noun - (baseball) an out that advances the base runners
- verb - endure the loss of
- verb - kill or destroy
- verb - sell at a loss
- verb - make a sacrifice of
- The act of offering something to a deity in propitiation or homage, especially the ritual slaughter of an animal or a person.
- A victim offered in this way.
- Forfeiture of something highly valued for the sake of one considered to have a greater value or claim.
- Something so forfeited.
- Relinquishment of something at less than its presumed value.
- Something so relinquished.
- A loss so sustained.
- A sacrifice hit.
- To offer as a sacrifice to a deity.
- To forfeit (one thing) for another thing considered to be of greater value.
- To sell or give away at a loss.
- To make or offer a sacrifice.
- To make a sacrifice hit.