Scrabble word: IRIS
In which Scrabble dictionary does IRIS exist?
Definitions of IRIS in dictionaries:
- noun - plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals
- noun - muscular diaphragm that controls the size of the pupil which in turn controls the amount of light that enters the eye
- noun - diaphragm consisting of thin overlapping plates that can be adjusted to change the diameter of a central opening
- The pigmented, round, contractile membrane of the eye, suspended between the cornea and lens and perforated by the pupil.
- Any of numerous plants of the genus Iris, having narrow sword-shaped leaves and showy, variously colored flowers.
- A rainbow or rainbowlike display of colors.
- noun - a part of the eye
- verb - to give the form of a rainbow to