Scrabble word: SCARCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCARCE exist?
Definitions of SCARCE in dictionaries:
- adj - deficient in quantity or number compared with the demand
- adv - only a very short time before
- Insufficient to meet a demand or requirement; short in supply: Fresh vegetables were scarce during the drought.
- Barely or hardly; scarcely.
- To stay away; be absent or elusive.
- It is assumed that side by side with Latin excerpere existed the Vulgar Latin form excarpere.
- adj - infrequently seen or found