Scrabble word: HARMONIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does HARMONIC exist?
Definitions of HARMONIC in dictionaries:
- noun - a tone that is a component of a complex sound
- noun - any of a series of musical tones whose frequencies are integral multiples of the frequency of a fundamental
- adj - of or relating to harmony as distinct from melody and rhythm
- adj - of or relating to harmonics
- adj - of or relating to the branch of acoustics that studies the composition of musical sounds
- adj - relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body
- adj - involving or characterized by harmony
- Of or relating to harmony.
- Pleasing to the ear: harmonic orchestral effects.
- Characterized by harmony: a harmonic liturgical chant.
- Of or relating to harmonics.
- Integrated in nature.
- A tone in the harmonic series of overtones produced by a fundamental tone.
- A tone produced on a stringed instrument by lightly touching an open or stopped vibrating string at a given fraction of its length so that both segments vibrate.
- The theory or study of the physical properties and characteristics of musical sound.
- noun - a higher partial tone