Scrabble word: CHAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHAIN exist?
Definitions of CHAIN in dictionaries:
- noun - a series of things depending on each other as if linked together
- noun - (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
- noun - a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament
- noun - (business) a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership
- noun - anything that acts as a restraint
- noun - a unit of length
- noun - British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
- noun - a series of hills or mountains
- noun - a linked or connected series of objects
- noun - a necklace made by a stringing objects together
- verb - connect or arrange into a chain by linking
- verb - fasten or secure with chains
- A connected, flexible series of links, typically of metal, used especially for holding objects together or restraining or for transmitting mechanical power.
- Such a set of links, often of precious metal and with pendants attached, worn as an ornament or symbol of office.
- A restraining or confining agent or force.
- Bonds, fetters, or shackles.
- Captivity or oppression; bondage: threw off the chains of slavery.
- A number of establishments, such as stores, theaters, or hotels, under common ownership or management.
- A range of mountains.
- A group of atoms bonded in a spatial configuration like links in a chain.
- An instrument used in surveying, consisting of 100 linked pieces of iron or steel and measuring 66 feet (20.
- A similar instrument used in engineering, measuring 100 feet (30.
- To bind or make fast with a chain or chains: chained the dog to a tree.
- To restrain or confine as if with chains: workers who were chained to a life of dull routine.
- verb - to bind with a chain (a series of connected rings)