Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: ANCHOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does ANCHOR exist?
Definitions of ANCHOR in dictionaries:
- noun - a mechanical device that prevents a vessel from moving
- noun - a central cohesive source of support and stability
- noun - a television reporter who coordinates a broadcast to which several correspondents contribute
- verb - fix firmly and stably
- verb - secure a vessel with an anchor
- A heavy object attached to a vessel by a cable or rope and cast overboard to keep the vessel in place either by its weight or by its flukes, which grip the bottom.
- A rigid point of support, as for securing a rope.
- A source of security or stability.
- An athlete, usually the strongest member of a team, who performs the last stage of a relay race or other competition.
- The end of a tug-of-war team.
- An anchorperson.
- To hold fast by or as if by an anchor.
- To serve as an anchor for (a team or competition).
- To narrate or coordinate (a newscast).
- To drop anchor or lie at anchor.
- verb - to secure by means of an anchor (a device for holding a floating vessel in place)
There are 6 letters in ANCHOR: A C H N O R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to ANCHOR
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word ANCHOR plus a wildcard: ANCHOR?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word ANCHOR
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for ANCHOR
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.