Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: EMPHASIS
In which Scrabble dictionary does EMPHASIS exist?
Definitions of EMPHASIS in dictionaries:
- noun - special importance or significance
- noun - intensity or forcefulness of expression
- noun - special and significant stress by means of position or repetition e.g.
- noun - the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch)
- Special forcefulness of expression that gives importance to something singled out; stress: a lecture on housekeeping with emphasis on neatness; paused for emphasis, then announced the winner’s name.
- Special attention or effort directed toward something: a smalltown newspaper’s emphasis on local affairs.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “special weight placed on something considered important”: laid a strong emphasis on the study of foreign languages; opposition to nuclear power plants, with the accent on total elimination; lay heavy stress on law and order.
- noun - special significance imparted to something
There are 8 letters in EMPHASIS: A E H I M P S S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to EMPHASIS
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word EMPHASIS plus a wildcard: EMPHASIS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word EMPHASIS
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for EMPHASIS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.