Scrabble word: SHAME
In which Scrabble dictionary does SHAME exist?
Definitions of SHAME in dictionaries:
- noun - a painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt
- noun - a state of dishonor
- noun - an unfortunate development
- verb - bring shame or dishonor upon
- verb - compel through a sense of shame
- verb - cause to be ashamed
- verb - surpass or beat by a wide margin
- A painful emotion caused by a strong sense of guilt, embarrassment, unworthiness, or disgrace.
- One that brings dishonor, disgrace, or condemnation.
- A condition of disgrace or dishonor; ignominy.
- A great disappointment.
- To cause to feel shame; put to shame.
- To bring dishonor or disgrace on.
- To disgrace by surpassing.
- To force by making ashamed: He was shamed into making an apology.
- To fill with shame; disgrace.
- To outdo thoroughly; surpass: Your productivity has put the rest of us to shame.
- verb - to cause to feel a painful sense of guilt or degradation