Scrabble word: HEM
In which Scrabble dictionary does HEM exist?
Definitions of HEM in dictionaries:
- noun - the edge of a piece of cloth
- noun - the utterance of a sound similar to clearing the throat
- verb - fold over and sew together to provide with a hem
- verb - utter `hem' or `ahem'
- An edge or a border on a piece of cloth, especially a finished edge, as for a garment or curtain, made by folding the selvage edge under and stitching it down.
- The height or level of the bottom edge of a skirt, dress, or coat; a hemline.
- To fold back and stitch down the edge of.
- To utter a hem.
- To hesitate in speech.
- verb - to provide with an edge