Scrabble word: MISS
In which Scrabble dictionary does MISS exist?
Definitions of MISS in dictionaries:
- noun - a young woman
- noun - a failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
- noun - a form of address for an unmarried woman
- verb - fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind
- verb - feel or suffer from the lack of
- verb - fail to attend an event or activity
- verb - leave undone or leave out
- verb - fail to reach or get to
- verb - be without
- verb - fail to reach
- verb - be absent
- verb - fail to experience
- To fail to hit, reach, catch, meet, or otherwise make contact with.
- To fail to perceive, understand, or experience: completely missed the point of the film.
- To fail to accomplish, achieve, or attain (a goal).
- To fail to attend or perform: never missed a day of work.
- To leave out; omit.
- To let go by; let slip: miss a chance.
- To escape or avoid: narrowly missed crashing into the tree.
- To discover the absence or loss of: I missed my book after getting off the bus without it.
- To feel the lack or loss of: Do you miss your family? — v.
- To fail to hit or otherwise make contact with something: fired the final shot and missed again.
- To be unsuccessful; fail.
- To misfire, as an internal-combustion engine.
- A failure to hit, succeed, or find.
- The misfiring of an engine.
- To fail to discharge.
- To fail to achieve the anticipated result.
- To fail to avail oneself of an opportunity.
- To fail to understand.
- Used as a form of polite address for a girl or young woman: I beg your pardon, miss.
- A young unmarried woman.
- verb - to fail to make contact with