Scrabble word: PROMISE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PROMISE exist?
Definitions of PROMISE in dictionaries:
- noun - a verbal commitment by one person to another agreeing to do (or not to do) something in the future
- noun - grounds for feeling hopeful about the future
- verb - make a promise or commitment
- verb - promise to undertake or give
- verb - make a prediction about
- verb - give grounds for expectations
- A declaration assuring that one will or will not do something; a vow.
- Something promised.
- Indication of something favorable to come; expectation: a promise of spring in the milder air.
- Indication of future excellence or success: a young player of great promise.
- To commit oneself by a promise to do or give; pledge: promised a quick answer; left early but promised to return.
- To afford a basis for expecting: thunderclouds that promise rain.
- To make a declaration assuring that something will or will not be done.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to declare solemnly that one will perform or refrain from a particular course of action”: promise to write soon; covenanting to exchange their prisoners of war; engaged to reorganize the department; pledged to uphold the law; plighted their loyalty to the king; swore to get revenge; vowed they would never surrender.
- verb - to make a declaration of assurance
There are 7 letters in PROMISE: E I M O P R S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PROMISE
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PROMISE plus a wildcard: PROMISE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PROMISE
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for PROMISE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.