Scrabble word: DESCANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DESCANT exist?
Definitions of DESCANT in dictionaries:
- noun - a decorative musical accompaniment (often improvised) added above a basic melody
- verb - sing in descant
- verb - sing by changing register
- verb - talk at great length about something of one's interest
- Also discant (dVsù-).
- An ornamental melody or counterpoint sung or played above a theme.
- The highest part sung in part music.
- A discussion or discourse on a theme.
- To comment at length; discourse: “He used to descant critically on the dishes which had been at table” (James Boswell).
- Also discant (dVsùk4nt, dV-sk4ntù).
- To sing or play a descant.
- To sing melodiously.
- adj - to utter with musical inflections of the voice [v SANG, SUNG, SINGING, SINGS] : SINGABLE
There are 7 letters in DESCANT: A C D E N S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DESCANT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word DESCANT plus a wildcard: DESCANT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DESCANT
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DESCANT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.