Scrabble word: DESCANT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DESCANT exist?
Definitions of DESCANT in dictionaries:
- noun - a decorative musical accompaniment (often improvised) added above a basic melody
- verb - sing in descant
- verb - sing by changing register
- verb - talk at great length about something of one's interest
- Also discant (dVsù-).
- An ornamental melody or counterpoint sung or played above a theme.
- The highest part sung in part music.
- A discussion or discourse on a theme.
- To comment at length; discourse: “He used to descant critically on the dishes which had been at table” (James Boswell).
- Also discant (dVsùk4nt, dV-sk4ntù).
- To sing or play a descant.
- To sing melodiously.
- adj - to utter with musical inflections of the voice [v SANG, SUNG, SINGING, SINGS] : SINGABLE