Scrabble word: READING
In which Scrabble dictionary does READING exist?
Definitions of READING in dictionaries:
- noun - the cognitive process of understanding a written linguistic message
- noun - a particular interpretation or performance
- noun - a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument
- noun - written material intended to be read
- noun - a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
- noun - a city on the River Thames in Berkshire in southern England
- noun - a public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance
- noun - the act of measuring with meters or similar instruments
- verb - interpret something that is written or printed
- verb - have or contain a certain wording or form
- verb - look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed
- verb - obtain data from magnetic tapes
- verb - interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky
- verb - interpret something in a certain way
- verb - be a student of a certain subject
- verb - indicate a certain reading
- verb - audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role
- verb - to hear and understand
- verb - make sense of a language
- The act or activity of one that reads.
- The act or practice of rendering aloud written or printed matter: skilled at forensic reading.
- An official or public recitation of written material: the reading of a will; a reading by the poet of her own works.
- The specific form of a particular passage in a text: an unusual reading of the old manuscript.
- The distinctive interpretation of a work of performing art given by the person or persons performing it.
- A personal interpretation or appraisal: He gave us his reading of the situation.
- Written or printed material.
- The information indicated by a gauge or graduated instrument.
- noun - material that is read