Scrabble word: GAIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does GAIN exist?
Definitions of GAIN in dictionaries:
- noun - a quantity that is added
- noun - the advantageous quality of being beneficial
- noun - the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
- noun - the amount by which the revenue of a business exceeds its cost of operating
- verb - obtain
- verb - win something through one's efforts
- verb - derive a benefit from
- verb - reach a destination, either real or abstract
- verb - obtain advantages, such as points, etc.
- verb - rise in rate or price
- verb - increase or develop
- verb - earn on some commercial or business transaction
- verb - increase (one's body weight)
- To come into possession or use of; acquire: gained a small fortune in real estate; gained important information about the enemy’s plans.
- To attain in competition or struggle; win: gained a decisive victory; gained control of the company.
- To obtain through effort or merit; achieve: gain recognition; gain a hearing for the proposal.
- To secure as profit or reward; earn: gain a living; gain extra credits in school.
- To manage to achieve an increase of: a movement that gained strength; gained wisdom with age.
- To increase by (a specific amount): gained 15 pounds; the market gained 30 points.
- See Synonyms at reach.
- To become fast by (a specified amount of time).
- To increase; grow: gained in experience and maturity; a painting that gained in value.
- To become better; improve: gaining in health.
- To obtain a profit or advantage; benefit: stood to gain politically by his opponent’s blunder.
- To close a gap; get closer: The runners in the back were steadily gaining on the leader.
- To increase a lead.
- To put on weight: I began to gain when I went off my diet.
- To operate or run fast.
- Something gained or acquired: territorial gains.
- Progress; advancement: The country made social and political gains under the new government.
- The act of acquiring; attainment.
- An increase in amount or degree: a gain in operating income.
- An increase in signal power, voltage, or current by an amplifier, expressed as the ratio of output to input.
- To run too fast.
- To delay or prolong something until a desired event occurs.
- To cut out a gain in.
- To join by or fit into a gain.
- verb - to come into possession of
There are 4 letters in GAIN: A G I N
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to GAIN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word GAIN plus a wildcard: GAIN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word GAIN
Images for GAIN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.