Scrabble word: RING
Is RING valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of RING in dictionaries:
- noun - a characteristic sound
- noun - a toroidal shape
- noun - a rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling
- noun - (chemistry) a chain of atoms in a molecule that forms a closed loop
- noun - an association of criminals
- noun - the sound of a bell ringing
- noun - a platform usually marked off by ropes in which contestants box or wrestle
- noun - jewelry consisting of a circlet of precious metal (often set with jewels) worn on the finger
- noun - a strip of material attached to the leg of a bird to identify it (as in studies of bird migration)
- verb - sound loudly and sonorously
- verb - ring or echo with sound
- verb - make (bells) ring, often for the purposes of musical edification
- verb - get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone
- verb - extend on all sides of simultaneously
- verb - attach a ring to the foot of, in order to identify
- A circular object, form, or arrangement with a vacant circular center.
- A small circular band, generally made of precious metal and often set with jewels, worn on the finger.
- A circular band used for carrying, holding, or containing something: a napkin ring.
- A circular movement or course, as in dancing.
- An enclosed, usually circular area in which exhibitions, sports, or contests take place: a circus ring.
- A rectangular arena set off by stakes and ropes in which boxing or wrestling events are held.
- The sport of boxing.
- An enclosed area in which bets are placed at a racetrack.
- Bookmakers considered as a group.
- An exclusive group of people acting privately or illegally to advance their own interests: a drug ring.
- A political contest; a race.
- An annual ring.
- The area between two concentric circles; annulus.
- A set of elements subject to the operations of addition and multiplication, in which the set is commutative under addition and associative under multiplication and in which the two operations are related by distributive laws.
- Any of the turns constituting a spiral or helix.
- A group of atoms linked by bonds that may be represented graphically in circular or triangular form.
- To surround with or as if with a ring; encircle.
- To form into a ring or rings.
- To ornament or supply with a ring or rings: ringed the door knocker with a wreath of holly.
- To remove a circular strip of bark around the circumference of (a tree trunk or branch); girdle.
- To put a ring in the nose of (an animal).
- To hem in (animals) by riding in a circle around them.
- To toss a ring over (a peg), as in horseshoes.
- To form a ring or rings: Spectators ringed the intersection.
- To move, run, or fly in a spiral or circular course.
- To give forth a clear, resonant sound.
- To cause something to ring.
- To sound a bell in order to summon someone: I’ll ring for the maid.
- To have a sound or character suggestive of a particular quality: a story that rings true.
- To be filled with sound; resound: The room rang with the laughter of happy children.
- To hear a persistent humming or buzzing: My ears were ringing from the sound of the blast.
- To be filled with talk or rumor: The whole town rang with the bad news.
- To cause (a bell, for example) to ring.
- To produce (a sound) by or as if by ringing.
- To announce, proclaim, or signal by or as if by ringing: a clock that rings the hour.
- To call (someone) on the telephone: She rang me at noon.
- To test (a coin, for example) for quality by the sound it produces when struck against something.
- The sound created by a bell or another sonorous, vibrating object.
- A loud sound, especially one that is repeated or continued.
- A telephone call: Give me a ring when you have time.
- A suggestion of a particular quality: His offer has a suspicious ring.
- A set of bells.
- The act or an instance of sounding a bell.
- To record, especially by means of a cash register: ring up a sale.
- To arouse an often indistinct memory.
- verb - to form a ring (a circular band) around
- verb - to give forth a clear, resonant sound
There are 4 letters in RING: G I N R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to RING
Click to search all anagrams of RING plus a wildcard: RING?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word RING
Images for RING
Lookup in Wiki for RING
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.