Scrabble word: GRIND
In which Scrabble dictionary does GRIND exist?
Definitions of GRIND in dictionaries:
- noun - an insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious
- noun - the grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground
- noun - hard monotonous routine work
- noun - the act of grinding to a powder or dust
- verb - press or grind with a crushing noise
- verb - make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together
- verb - work hard
- verb - dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced
- verb - reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
- verb - created by grinding
- verb - shape or form by grinding
- To crush, pulverize, or reduce to powder by friction, especially by rubbing between two hard surfaces: grind wheat into flour.
- To shape, sharpen, or refine with friction: grind a lens.
- To rub (two surfaces) together harshly; gnash: grind the teeth.
- To bear down on harshly; crush.
- To oppress or weaken gradually: “Laws grind the poor, and rich men rule the law” (Oliver Goldsmith).
- To operate by turning a crank: ground a hurdy-gurdy.
- To produce or process by turning a crank: grinding a pound of beef.
- To produce mechanically or without inspiration: The factory grinds out a uniform product.
- To instill or teach by persistent repetition: ground the truth into their heads.
- To perform the operation of grinding something.
- To become crushed, pulverized, or powdered by friction.
- To move with noisy friction; grate: a train grinding along rusty rails.
- To devote oneself to study or work: grinding for a test; grinding away at housework.
- To rotate the pelvis erotically, as in the manner of a stripteaser.
- The act of grinding.
- A crunching or grinding noise.
- A specific grade or degree of pulverization, as of coffee beans: drip grind.
- A laborious task, routine, or study: the daily grind.
- A student who works or studies excessively.
- An erotic rotation of the pelvis.
- verb - to wear, smooth, or sharpen by friction
There are 5 letters in GRIND: D G I N R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to GRIND
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word GRIND plus a wildcard: GRIND?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word GRIND
Images for GRIND
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.