Scrabble word: PRIVATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does PRIVATE exist?
Definitions of PRIVATE in dictionaries:
- noun - an enlisted man of the lowest rank in the Army or Marines
- adj - confined to particular persons or groups or providing privacy
- adj - concerning things deeply private and personal
- adj - concerning one person exclusively
- adj - not expressed
- Secluded from the sight, presence, or intrusion of others: a private hideaway.
- Designed or intended for one’s exclusive use: a private room.
- Of or confined to the individual; personal: a private joke; private opinions.
- Undertaken on an individual basis: private studies; private research.
- Of, relating to, or receiving special hospital services and privileges: a private patient.
- Not available for public use, control, or participation: a private club; a private party.
- Belonging to a particular person or persons, as opposed to the public or the government: private property.
- Conducted and supported primarily by private individuals or by a nongovernmental agency or corporation: a private college; a private sanatorium.
- Of, relating to, or derived from nongovernment sources: private funding.
- Not holding an official or public position: a former President who is now a private citizen.
- Not for public knowledge or disclosure; secret: private papers; a private communication.
- Not appropriate for use or display in public; intimate: private behavior; a private tragedy.
- Placing a high value on personal privacy: a retiring, private individual.
- A noncommissioned rank in the U.
- One who holds this rank or a similar rank in a military or paramilitary organization.
- adj - secluded from the sight, presence, or intrusion of others
- noun - a soldier of lower rank