Scrabble word: INCLINATION
In which Scrabble dictionary does INCLINATION exist?
Definitions of INCLINATION in dictionaries:
- noun - an attitude of mind especially one that favors one alternative over others
- noun - (astronomy) the angle between the plane of the orbit and the plane of the ecliptic stated in degrees
- noun - (geometry) the angle formed by the x-axis and a given line (measured counterclockwise from the positive half of the x-axis)
- noun - (physics) the angle that a magnetic needle makes with the plane of the horizon
- noun - that toward which you are inclined to feel a liking
- noun - the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
- noun - a characteristic likelihood of or natural disposition toward a certain condition or character or effect
- noun - the act of inclining
- The act of inclining or the state of being inclined; a bend or tilt: The inclination of the child’s head suggested sleep.
- A deviation or the degree of deviation from the horizontal or vertical; a slant: the steep inclination of a roof.
- An inclined surface; a slope.
- A tendency toward a certain condition or character: the alkaline inclination of the local waters.
- A characteristic disposition to do, prefer, or favor one thing rather than another; a propensity: “I shall indulge the inclination so natural in old men, to be talking of themselves” (Benjamin Franklin).