Scrabble word: SURFACE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SURFACE exist?
Definitions of SURFACE in dictionaries:
- noun - the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary
- noun - the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object
- noun - the outermost level of the land or sea
- noun - a superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something
- noun - information that has become public
- noun - a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air
- verb - come to the surface
- verb - put a coat on
- verb - appear or become visible
- adj - on the surface
- The outer or the topmost boundary of an object.
- A material layer constituting such a boundary.
- The boundary of a three-dimensional figure.
- The two-dimensional locus of points located in three-dimensional space.
- A portion of space having length and breadth but no thickness.
- The superficial or external aspect: “a flamboyant, powerful confidence man who lives entirely on the surface of experience” (Frank Conroy).
- An airfoil.
- Relating to, on, or at a surface: surface algae in the water.
- Apparent as opposed to real.
- To form the surface of: We used asphalt to surface over the driveway.
- To apply a surface to: surface a road.
- To provide with a surface.
- To rise to the surface.
- To emerge after concealment.
- To work or dig a mine at or near the surface of the ground.
- verb - to apply an outer layer to