Scrabble word: STOPPER
In which Scrabble dictionary does STOPPER exist?
Definitions of STOPPER in dictionaries:
- noun - an act so striking or impressive that the show must be delayed until the audience quiets down
- noun - a remark to which there is no polite conversational reply
- noun - (bridge) a playing card with a value sufficiently high to insure taking a trick in a particular suit
- noun - blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
- verb - close or secure with or as if with a stopper
- A device, such as a cork or plug, that is inserted to close an opening.
- One that causes something to stop: a conversation stopper.
- The topmost memory location in a device or system.
- A card or cards enabling one to prevent one’s opponents from winning all the tricks in a hand of bridge.
- verb - to seal or close with a plug (a piece of material used to fill a hole)