Scrabble word: POP
In which Scrabble dictionary does POP exist?
Definitions of POP in dictionaries:
- noun - an informal term for a father
- noun - a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring
- noun - a sharp explosive sound as from a gunshot or drawing a cork
- noun - music of general appeal to teenagers
- verb - bulge outward
- verb - hit a pop-fly
- verb - make a sharp explosive noise
- verb - fire a weapon with a loud explosive noise
- verb - cause to make a sharp explosive sound
- verb - appear suddenly or unexpectedly
- verb - put or thrust suddenly and forcefully
- verb - release suddenly
- verb - hit or strike
- verb - drink down entirely
- verb - take drugs, especially orally
- verb - cause to burst with a loud, explosive sound
- verb - burst open with a sharp, explosive sound
- adj - (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
- adv - like a pop or with a pop
- To make a short, sharp, explosive sound.
- To burst open with a short, sharp, explosive sound.
- To move quickly or unexpectedly; appear abruptly: At last the cottage popped into view.
- To open wide suddenly: The child’s eyes popped with astonishment.
- To hit a short high fly ball, especially one that can be caught by an infielder: popped out to shortstop.
- To shoot a firearm, such as a pistol.
- To cause to make a sharp bursting sound.
- To cause to explode with a sharp bursting sound: popped the balloon.
- To put or thrust suddenly or unexpectedly: “popping a crisp plump shrimp into her mouth” (Kathleen Winsor).
- To discharge (a firearm).
- To fire at; shoot.
- To hit or strike: popped me on the head.
- To hit (a ball) high in the air but not far.
- To take (drugs), especially orally: “To calm a case of the jitters... the bride popped Valium” (People).
- To have (a drink): popped a few beers after work.
- A sudden sharp, explosive sound.
- A shot with a firearm.
- A pop fly.
- With a popping sound.
- Abruptly or unexpectedly.
- To leave abruptly or hurriedly.
- To die suddenly.
- To propose marriage.
- Of or for the general public; popular or popularized: pop culture; pop psychology.
- Of, relating to, or specializing in popular music: a pop singer.
- Of or suggestive of pop art: a pop style.
- Popular music.
- Pop art.
- verb - to make a sharp, explosive sound
There are 3 letters in POP: O P P
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to POP
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word POP plus a wildcard: POP?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word POP
Images for POP
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.