Scrabble word: SCRAPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does SCRAPE exist?
Definitions of SCRAPE in dictionaries:
- noun - a harsh noise made by scraping
- noun - an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
- noun - a deep bow with the foot drawn backwards (indicating excessive humility)
- noun - an indication of damage
- verb - scratch repeatedly
- verb - make by scraping
- verb - cut the surface of
- verb - bend the knees and bow in a servile manner
- verb - gather (money or other resources) together over time
- verb - bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of
- To remove (an outer layer, for example) from a surface by forceful strokes of an edged or rough instrument: scraped the wallpaper off before painting the wall.
- To abrade or smooth by rubbing with a sharp or rough instrument.
- To rub (a surface) with considerable pressure, as with an edged instrument or a hard object.
- To draw (a hard or abrasive object) forcefully over a surface: scraped my fingernails down the blackboard.
- To injure the surface of by rubbing against something rough or sharp: scraped my knee on the sidewalk.
- To amass or produce with difficulty: scrape together some cash.
- To come into sliding, abrasive contact.
- To rub or move with a harsh grating noise.
- To give forth a harsh grating noise.
- To practice petty economies; scrimp.
- To succeed or manage with difficulty: scraped through by a narrow margin.
- The act of scraping.
- The sound of scraping.
- An abrasion on the skin.
- An embarrassing predicament.
- A fight; a scuffle.
- verb - to rub so as to remove an outer layer