Scrabble word: OPERATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does OPERATE exist?
Definitions of OPERATE in dictionaries:
- verb - direct or control
- verb - perform as expected when applied
- verb - handle and cause to function
- verb - perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
- verb - happen
- verb - keep engaged
- verb - perform surgery on
- To perform a function; work: The motor operates smoothly.
- To perform surgery.
- To exert an influence: forces operating on the economy.
- To produce a desired or proper effect: a drug that operates quickly.
- To carry on a military or naval action or campaign.
- To conduct business in an irregular or devious manner: drug dealers operating in residential and urban areas.
- To control the functioning of; run: operate a sewing machine.
- To conduct the affairs of; manage: operate a business.
- verb - to perform a function