Scrabble word: ESTIMATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ESTIMATE exist?
Definitions of ESTIMATE in dictionaries:
- noun - an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth
- noun - a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody
- noun - a document appraising the value of something (as for insurance or taxation)
- noun - a statement indicating the likely cost of some job
- noun - the respect with which a person is held
- verb - judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time)
- verb - judge to be probable
- To calculate approximately (the amount, extent, magnitude, position, or value of something).
- To form an opinion about; evaluate: “While an author is yet living we estimate his powers by his worst performance” (Samuel Johnson).
- The act of evaluating or appraising.
- A tentative evaluation or rough calculation, as of worth, quantity, or size.
- A statement of the approximate cost of work to be done, such as a building project or car repairs.
- These verbs mean to form a judgment of worth or significance.
- verb - to make an approximate judgment of