Scrabble word: TIME
In which Scrabble dictionary does TIME exist?
Definitions of TIME in dictionaries:
- noun - an instance or single occasion for some event
- noun - a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
- noun - an indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities)
- noun - a suitable moment
- noun - the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past
- noun - a person's experience on a particular occasion
- noun - a reading of a point in time as given by a clock
- noun - the fourth coordinate that is required (along with three spatial dimensions) to specify a physical event
- noun - rhythm as given by division into parts of equal duration
- noun - the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned
- verb - measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time
- verb - assign a time for an activity or event
- verb - set the speed, duration, or execution of
- verb - regulate or set the time of
- verb - adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time
- A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.
- An interval separating two points on this continuum; a duration: a long time since the last war; passed the time reading.
- A number, as of years, days, or minutes, representing such an interval: ran the course in a time just under four minutes.
- A similar number representing a specific point on this continuum, reckoned in hours and minutes: checked her watch and recorded the time, 6:17 A.
- A system by which such intervals are measured or such numbers are reckoned: solar time.
- Often times.
- A suitable or opportune moment or season: a time for taking stock of one’s life.
- Periods or a period designated for a given activity: harvest time; time for bed.
- Periods or a period necessary or available for a given activity: I have no time for golf.
- An appointed or fated moment, especially of death or giving birth: He died before his time.
- One of several instances: knocked three times; addressed Congress for the last time before retirement.
- One’s lifetime.
- One’s period of greatest activity or engagement.
- A person’s experience during a specific period or on a certain occasion: had a good time at the party.
- A period of military service.
- A period of apprenticeship.
- A prison sentence.
- The customary period of work: hired for full time.
- The period spent working.
- The hourly pay rate: earned double time on Sundays.
- The period during which a radio or television program or commercial is broadcast: “There’s television time to buy” (Brad Goldstein).
- The rate of speed of a measured activity: marching in double time.
- The characteristic beat of musical rhythm: three-quarter time.
- The rate of speed at which a piece of music is played; the tempo.
- The hour at which a pub closes.
- A time-out.
- Of, relating to, or measuring time.
- Constructed so as to operate at a particular moment: a time release.
- Payable on a future date or dates.
- Of or relating to installment buying: time payments.
- To set the time for (an event or occasion).
- To adjust to keep accurate time.
- To adjust so that a force is applied or an action occurs at the desired time: timed his swing so as to hit the ball squarely.
- To record the speed or duration of: time a runner.
- To set or maintain the tempo, speed, or duration of: time a manufacturing process.
- At a period or moment in the past.
- In a reasonable length of time.
- When or before due.
- Before a time limit expires.
- Within an indefinite time; eventually: In time they came to accept the harsh facts.
- In the proper tempo.
- According to schedule; punctual or punctually.
- By paying in installments.
- verb - to determine the speed or duration of
There are 4 letters in TIME: E I M T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to TIME
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word TIME plus a wildcard: TIME?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word TIME
Images for TIME
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.