Scrabble word: REMIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does REMIT exist?
Definitions of REMIT in dictionaries:
- noun - the topic that a person, committee, or piece of research is expected to deal with or has authority to deal with
- noun - (law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
- verb - send (money) in payment
- verb - hold back to a later time
- verb - release from (claims, debts, or taxes)
- verb - refer (a matter or legal case) to another committee or authority or court for decision
- verb - forgive
- verb - make slack as by lessening tension or firmness
- verb - diminish or abate
- To transmit (money) in payment.
- To refrain from exacting (a tax or penalty, for example); cancel.
- To pardon; forgive: remitted their sins.
- To restore to a former condition or position.
- To refer (a case) to another court for further consideration or action.
- To refer (a matter) to a committee or an authority for decision.
- To allow to slacken: The storm remitted its fury.
- To desist from; give up.
- To put off; postpone.
- To transmit money.
- To diminish; abate.
- The act of remitting, especially the referral of a case to another court.
- A matter remitted for further consideration.
- verb - to send money in payment