Scrabble word: PERMIT
In which Scrabble dictionary does PERMIT exist?
Definitions of PERMIT in dictionaries:
- noun - a legal document giving official permission to do something
- noun - the act of giving a formal (usually written) authorization
- noun - large game fish
- verb - consent to, give permission
- verb - make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
- verb - allow the presence of or allow (an activity) without opposing or prohibiting
- To allow the doing of (something); consent to: permit the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- To grant consent or leave to (someone); authorize: permitted him to explain.
- To afford opportunity; allow: if circumstances permit.
- Permission, especially in written form.
- In the sense “to allow for, be consistent with,” permit is often accompanied by of when its subject is inanimate: The wording of the note permits of several interpretations.
- verb - to put no obstacle in the way of