Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: STEM
In which Scrabble dictionary does STEM exist?
Definitions of STEM in dictionaries:
- noun - (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
- noun - a slender or elongated structure that supports a plant or fungus or a plant part or plant organ
- noun - cylinder forming a long narrow part of something
- noun - the tube of a tobacco pipe
- noun - front part of a vessel or aircraft
- noun - a turn made in skiing
- verb - grow out of, have roots in, originate in
- verb - cause to point inward
- verb - stop the flow of a liquid
- verb - remove the stem from
- The main ascending axis of a plant; a stalk or trunk.
- A slender stalk supporting or connecting another plant part, such as a leaf or flower.
- A banana stalk bearing several bunches of bananas.
- The tube of a tobacco pipe.
- The slender upright support of a wineglass or goblet.
- The small projecting shaft with an expanded crown by which a watch is wound.
- The rounded rod in the center of certain locks about which the key fits and is turned.
- The shaft of a feather or hair.
- The upright stroke of a typeface or letter.
- The vertical line extending from the head of a note.
- The main line of descent of a family.
- The curved upright beam at the fore of a vessel into which the hull timbers are scarfed to form the prow.
- To have or take origin or descent.
- To remove the stem of.
- To provide with a stem.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to come forth or come into being”: customs stemming from the past; misery arising from war; rights deriving from citizenship; disapproval emanating from the teacher; happiness that flows from their friendship; prejudice that issues from fear; a proposal originating in the Congress; a mistake that proceeded from carelessness; rebellion rising in the provinces; new industries springing up.
- To stop or hold back by or as if by damming; stanch.
- To plug or tamp (a blast hole, for example).
- To point (skis) inward.
- verb - to remove stems (ascending axes of a plant) from
There are 4 letters in STEM: E M S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STEM
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word STEM plus a wildcard: STEM?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STEM
Images for STEM
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.