Scrabble word: DELICATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DELICATE exist?
Definitions of DELICATE in dictionaries:
- adj - exquisitely fine and subtle and pleasing
- adj - marked by great skill especially in meticulous technique
- adj - easily broken or damaged or destroyed
- adj - easily hurt
- adj - developed with extreme delicacy and subtlety
- adj - difficult to handle
- adj - of an instrument or device
- Pleasing to the senses, especially in a subtle way: a delicate flavor; a delicate violin passage.
- Exquisitely fine or dainty: delicate china.
- Frail in constitution or health.
- Easily broken or damaged: a kite too delicate to fly.
- Marked by sensitivity of discrimination: a critic’s delicate perception.
- Considerate of the feelings of others.
- Concerned with propriety.
- Squeamish or fastidious.
- Requiring tactful treatment: a delicate situation.
- Fine or soft in touch or skill: a surgeon’s delicate touch.
- Measuring, indicating, or responding to very small changes; precise: a delicate set of scales.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “appealing to refined taste”: a delicate flavor; choice exotic flowers; a dainty dish; elegant handwriting; an exquisite wine; the finest embroidery.
- noun - a choice food