Scrabble word: ACID
In which Scrabble dictionary does ACID exist?
Definitions of ACID in dictionaries:
- noun - any of various water-soluble compounds having a sour taste and capable of turning litmus red and reacting with a base to form a salt
- noun - street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
- adj - harsh or corrosive in tone
- adj - being sour to the taste
- adj - having the characteristics of an acid
- Any of a large class of sour-tasting substances whose aqueous solutions are capable of turning blue litmus indicators red, of reacting with and dissolving certain metals to form salts, and of reacting with bases or alkalis to form salts.
- A substance that ionizes in solution to give the positive ion of the solvent.
- A substance capable of yielding hydrogen ions.
- A proton donor.
- An electron acceptor.
- A molecule or ion that can combine with another by forming a covalent bond with two electrons of the other.
- A substance having a sour taste.
- The quality of being sarcastic, bitter, or scornful.
- Of or relating to an acid.
- Having a high concentration of acid.
- Having a sour taste.
- Biting, sarcastic, or scornful: an acid wit; an acid tone of voice.
- noun - a type of chemical compound