Scrabble word: DETAIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does DETAIL exist?
Definitions of DETAIL in dictionaries:
- noun - an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole
- noun - a small part that can be considered separately from the whole
- noun - extended treatment of particulars
- noun - a crew of workers selected for a particular task
- noun - a temporary military unit
- verb - provide details for
- verb - assign to a specific task
- An individual part or item; a particular.
- Particulars considered individually and in relation to a whole: careful attention to detail.
- A minor or an inconsequential item or aspect; a minutia: skipped the details to get to the main point.
- A minute or thorough treatment or account: went into detail about his travels.
- A discrete part or portion of a work, such as a painting, building, or decorative object, especially when considered in isolation.
- A representation of such a part or portion: a detail of a Rembrandt portrait illustrating the technique of chiaroscuro.
- A small elaborated element of a work of art, craft, or design.
- Such elements considered together: the intricate detail of a rococo altarpiece.
- The rendering of artistic detail: the fine detail of the painter’s brushwork.
- The selection of one or more troops for a particular duty, usually a fatigue duty.
- The personnel so selected.
- The duty assigned: garbage detail.
- To report or relate minutely or in particulars.
- To name or state explicitly: detailed the charges against the defendant.
- To provide with artistic or decorative detail: detailed the quilt with colorful appliqué.
- To select and dispatch for a particular duty.
- verb - to report with complete particulars