Scrabble word: PENALTY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PENALTY exist?
Definitions of PENALTY in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of punishing
- noun - a payment required for not fulfilling a contract
- noun - the disadvantage or painful consequences of an action or condition
- noun - (games) a handicap or disadvantage that is imposed on a competitor (or a team) for an infraction of the rules of the game
- A punishment established by law or authority for a crime or an offense.
- Something, especially a sum of money, required as a forfeit for an offense.
- The disadvantage or painful consequences resulting from an action or a condition: neglected his health and paid the penalty.
- A punishment, handicap, or loss of advantage imposed on a team or competitor for infraction of a rule.
- Points scored in contract bridge by the opponents when the declarer fails to make a bid.
- noun - a punishment imposed for violation of a law, rule, or agreement