Scrabble word: TYPE
In which Scrabble dictionary does TYPE exist?
Definitions of TYPE in dictionaries:
- noun - a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- noun - a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
- noun - (biology) the taxonomic group whose characteristics are used to define the next higher taxon
- noun - printed characters
- noun - all of the tokens of the same symbol
- noun - a small metal block bearing a raised character on one end
- verb - write by means of a keyboard with types
- verb - identify as belonging to a certain type
- A number of people or things having in common traits or characteristics that distinguish them as a group or class.
- The general character or structure held in common by a number of people or things considered as a group or class.
- A person or thing having the features of a group or class.
- An example or a model having the ideal features of a group or class; an embodiment: “He was the perfect type of a military dandy” (Joyce Cary).
- A person regarded as exemplifying a particular profession, rank, or social group: a group of executive types; a restaurant frequented by tourist types.
- A figure, representation, or symbol of something to come, such as an event in the Old Testament that foreshadows another in the New Testament.
- A taxonomic group, especially a genus or species, chosen as the representative example in characterizing the larger taxonomic group to which it belongs.
- The specimen on which the original description and naming of a taxon is based.
- A small block of metal or wood bearing a raised letter or character on the upper end that leaves a printed impression when inked and pressed on paper.
- Such pieces considered as a group.
- Printed or typewritten characters; print.
- A size or style of printed or typewritten characters; a typeface: a sans-serif type.
- A pattern, a design, or an image impressed or stamped onto the face of a coin.
- To write (something) with a typewriter; typewrite.
- To determine the antigenic characteristics of (a blood or tissue sample).
- To typecast.
- To represent or typify.
- To write with a typewriter; typewrite.
- adj - to write with a typewriter [v TYPED, TYPING, TYPES] : TYPABLE, TYPEABLE