Scrabble word: EMPTY
In which Scrabble dictionary does EMPTY exist?
Definitions of EMPTY in dictionaries:
- noun - a container that has been emptied
- verb - make void or empty of contents
- verb - become empty or void of its content
- verb - leave behind empty
- verb - remove
- verb - excrete or discharge from the body
- adj - holding or containing nothing
- adj - devoid of significance or point
- adj - needing nourishment
- adj - emptied of emotion
- Holding or containing nothing.
- Having no elements or members; null: an empty set.
- Having no occupants or inhabitants; vacant: an empty chair; empty desert.
- Lacking force or power: an empty threat.
- Lacking purpose or substance; meaningless: an empty life.
- Not put to use; idle: empty hours.
- Needing nourishment; hungry: “More fierce and more inexorable far/Than empty tigers or the roaring sea” (Shakespeare).
- Devoid; destitute: empty of pity.
- To remove the contents of: emptied the dishwasher.
- To transfer or pour off completely: empty the ashes into a pail.
- To unburden; relieve: empty oneself of doubt.
- To become empty: The theater emptied after the performance.
- An empty container.
- adj - containing nothing
- verb - to remove the contents of