Scrabble word: PLY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PLY exist?
Definitions of PLY in dictionaries:
- noun - one of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread
- noun - (usually in combinations) one of several layers of cloth or paper or wood as in plywood
- verb - give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance
- verb - apply oneself diligently
- verb - travel a route regularly
- verb - join together as by twisting, weaving, or molding
- verb - wield vigorously
- verb - use diligently
- To join together, as by molding or twisting.
- To double over (cloth, for example).
- A layer, as of doubled-over cloth or of paperboard.
- One of the sheets of wood glued together to form plywood.
- One of the strands twisted together to make yarn, rope, or thread.
- A bias; an inclination.
- To use diligently; wield: plies a needle.
- To traverse or sail over regularly: Trading ships plied the routes between coastal ports.
- To continue supplying or offering to: plied their guests with excellent food.
- To assail vigorously.
- To traverse a route or course regularly: The boat plies between the islands on a weekly schedule.
- To perform or work diligently or regularly: a person who had plied at the weaver’s trade for 20 years.
- To work against the wind by a zigzag course; tack.
- adv - to supply with or offer repeatedly [v PLIED, PLYING, PLIES] : PLYINGLY