Scrabble word: PAY
In which Scrabble dictionary does PAY exist?
Definitions of PAY in dictionaries:
- noun - something that remunerates
- verb - give money, usually in exchange for goods or services
- verb - convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.
- verb - cancel or discharge a debt
- verb - bring in
- verb - do or give something to somebody in return
- verb - dedicate
- verb - be worth it
- verb - render
- verb - bear (a cost or penalty), in recompense for some action
- verb - make a compensation for
- verb - discharge or settle
- To give money to in return for goods or services rendered: pay the cashier.
- To give (money) in exchange for goods or services: paid three dollars for a hamburger; paid an hourly wage.
- To discharge or settle (a debt or an obligation): paying taxes; paid the bill.
- To give recompense for; requite: a kindness that cannot be paid back.
- To give recompense to; reward or punish: I’ll pay him back for his insults.
- To bear (a cost or penalty, for example) in recompense: She paid the price for her unpopular opinions.
- To yield as a return: a savings plan that paid 12 percent interest.
- To afford an advantage to; profit: It paid us to be generous.
- To give or bestow: paying compliments; paying attention.
- To make (a visit or call).
- To give money in exchange for goods or services.
- To discharge a debt or an obligation.
- To be profitable or worthwhile: It doesn’t pay to get angry.
- Of, relating to, giving, or receiving payments.
- Requiring payment to use or operate: a pay telephone.
- Yielding valuable metal in mining: a pay streak.
- The act of paying or state of being paid.
- Money given in return for work done; salary; wages.
- Recompense or reward: Your thanks are pay enough.
- Retribution or punishment.
- Paid employment: the workers in our pay.
- A person considered with regard to his or her credit or reliability in discharging debts.
- To pay the full amount on (a debt).
- To effect profit: a bet that paid off poorly.
- To get revenge for or on; requite.
- To pay the wages due to (an employee) upon discharge.
- To bribe.
- To turn or cause to turn (a vessel) to leeward.
- To give (money) out; spend.
- To pay excessively.
- To coat or cover (seams of a ship, for example) with waterproof material such as tar or asphalt.
- verb - to give money or something of value in exchange for goods or services
There are 3 letters in PAY: A P Y
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to PAY
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word PAY plus a wildcard: PAY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word PAY
Images for PAY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.