Scrabble word: INVERSION
In which Scrabble dictionary does INVERSION exist?
Definitions of INVERSION in dictionaries:
- noun - the layer of air near the earth is cooler than an overlying layer
- noun - abnormal condition in which an organ is turned inward or inside out (as when the upper part of the uterus is pulled into the cervical canal after childbirth)
- noun - a chemical process in which the direction of optical rotation of a substance is reversed from dextrorotatory to levorotary or vice versa
- noun - (genetics) a kind of mutation in which the order of the genes in a section of a chromosome is reversed
- noun - the reversal of the normal order of words
- noun - (counterpoint) a variation of a melody or part in which ascending intervals are replaced by descending intervals and vice versa
- noun - a term formerly used to mean taking on the gender role of the opposite sex
- noun - turning upside down
- noun - the act of turning inside out
- The act of inverting.
- The state of being inverted.
- A change in normal word order, such as the placement of a verb before its subject.
- A rearrangement or result of the rearrangement of tones in which upper and lower voices are transposed, as in counterpoint, or in which each interval in a single melody is applied in the opposite direction.
- The taking on of the gender role of the opposite sex.
- Used as a term for homosexuality.
- Conversion of a substance in which the direction of optical rotation is reversed, from the dextrorotatory to the levorotatory or from the levorotatory to the dextrorotatory form.
- An atmospheric condition in which the air temperature rises with increasing altitude, holding surface air down and preventing dispersion of pollutants.
- A chromosomal defect in which a segment of the chromosome breaks off and reattaches in the reverse direction.