Scrabble word: INVERSION
Is INVERSION valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of INVERSION in dictionaries:
- noun - the layer of air near the earth is cooler than an overlying layer
- noun - abnormal condition in which an organ is turned inward or inside out (as when the upper part of the uterus is pulled into the cervical canal after childbirth)
- noun - a chemical process in which the direction of optical rotation of a substance is reversed from dextrorotatory to levorotary or vice versa
- noun - (genetics) a kind of mutation in which the order of the genes in a section of a chromosome is reversed
- noun - the reversal of the normal order of words
- noun - (counterpoint) a variation of a melody or part in which ascending intervals are replaced by descending intervals and vice versa
- noun - a term formerly used to mean taking on the gender role of the opposite sex
- noun - turning upside down
- noun - the act of turning inside out
- The act of inverting.
- The state of being inverted.
- A change in normal word order, such as the placement of a verb before its subject.
- A rearrangement or result of the rearrangement of tones in which upper and lower voices are transposed, as in counterpoint, or in which each interval in a single melody is applied in the opposite direction.
- The taking on of the gender role of the opposite sex.
- Used as a term for homosexuality.
- Conversion of a substance in which the direction of optical rotation is reversed, from the dextrorotatory to the levorotatory or from the levorotatory to the dextrorotatory form.
- An atmospheric condition in which the air temperature rises with increasing altitude, holding surface air down and preventing dispersion of pollutants.
- A chromosomal defect in which a segment of the chromosome breaks off and reattaches in the reverse direction.
There are 9 letters in INVERSION: E I I N N O R S V
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to INVERSION
Click to search all anagrams of INVERSION plus a wildcard: INVERSION?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word INVERSION
9 letter words
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for INVERSION
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.