Scrabble word: VEIN
In which Scrabble dictionary does VEIN exist?
Definitions of VEIN in dictionaries:
- noun - a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart
- noun - a distinctive style or manner
- noun - any of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf or other plant organ
- noun - a layer of ore between layers of rock
- noun - one of the horny ribs that stiffen and support the wing of an insect
- verb - make a veinlike pattern
- Any of a branching system of membranous tubes that carry blood to the heart.
- A blood vessel.
- One of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf or other expanded plant organ.
- A regularly shaped and lengthy occurrence of an ore; a lode.
- A long, wavy strip of a different shade or color, as in wood or marble, or as mold in cheese.
- A fissure, crack, or cleft.
- A pervading character or quality; a streak: “All through the interminable narrative there ran a vein of impressive earnestness” (Mark Twain).
- A transient attitude or mood.
- A particular turn of mind: spoke later in a more serious vein.
- To supply or fill with veins.
- To mark or decorate with veins.
- verb - to fill with veins (tubular blood vessels)