Scrabble word: GAUNTLET
In which Scrabble dictionary does GAUNTLET exist?
Definitions of GAUNTLET in dictionaries:
- noun - to offer or accept a challenge
- noun - a glove of armored leather
- noun - a glove with long sleeve
- noun - a form of punishment in which a person is forced to run between two lines of men facing each other and armed with clubs or whips to beat the victim
- A protective glove worn with medieval armor.
- A protective glove with a flared cuff, used in manual labor, in certain sports, and for driving.
- A challenge: throw down the gauntlet; take up the gauntlet.
- Usage Notes explained why the spelling gauntlet is acceptable for both gauntlet1 and gauntlet2.
- A form of punishment in which men armed with sticks or other weapons arrange themselves in two lines facing each other and beat the person forced to run between them.
- The lines of men so arranged.
- An onslaught or attack from all sides: “The hostages... ran the gauntlet of insult on their way to the airport” (Harper’s).
- A severe trial; an ordeal.
- verb - to overlap railroad tracks