Scrabble word: BEATING
In which Scrabble dictionary does BEATING exist?
Definitions of BEATING in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of overcoming or outdoing
- noun - the act of inflicting corporal punishment with repeated blows
- verb - come out better in a competition, race, or conflict
- verb - give a beating to
- verb - hit repeatedly
- verb - move rhythmically
- verb - shape by beating
- verb - make a rhythmic sound
- verb - glare or strike with great intensity
- verb - move with a thrashing motion
- verb - sail with much tacking or with difficulty
- verb - stir vigorously
- verb - strike (a part of one's own body) repeatedly, as in great emotion or in accompaniment to music
- verb - be superior
- verb - avoid paying
- verb - make a sound like a clock or a timer
- verb - move with a flapping motion
- verb - indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks
- verb - move with or as if with a regular alternating motion
- verb - make by pounding or trampling
- verb - produce a rhythm by striking repeatedly
- verb - strike (water or bushes) repeatedly to rouse animals for hunting
- verb - beat through cleverness and wit
- verb - be a mystery or bewildering to
- verb - wear out completely
- Punishment by whipping or flogging.
- A sound defeat.
- A throbbing or pulsation, as of the heart.
- The periodic variation in amplitude of a wave produced by the superposition of two waves of different frequencies.
- noun - a defeat