Log In to Anagrammer
Scrabble word: BEAT
In which Scrabble dictionary does BEAT exist?
Definitions of BEAT in dictionaries:
- noun - a regular route for a sentry or policeman
- noun - the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart
- noun - the basic rhythmic unit in a piece of music
- noun - a single pulsation of an oscillation produced by adding two waves of different frequencies
- noun - a member of the beat generation
- noun - the sound of stroke or blow
- noun - (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- noun - a regular rate of repetition
- noun - a stroke or blow
- noun - the act of beating to windward
- verb - come out better in a competition, race, or conflict
- verb - give a beating to
- verb - hit repeatedly
- verb - move rhythmically
- verb - shape by beating
- verb - make a rhythmic sound
- verb - glare or strike with great intensity
- verb - move with a thrashing motion
- verb - sail with much tacking or with difficulty
- verb - stir vigorously
- verb - strike (a part of one's own body) repeatedly, as in great emotion or in accompaniment to music
- verb - be superior
- verb - avoid paying
- verb - make a sound like a clock or a timer
- verb - move with a flapping motion
- verb - indicate by beating, as with the fingers or drumsticks
- verb - move with or as if with a regular alternating motion
- verb - make by pounding or trampling
- verb - produce a rhythm by striking repeatedly
- verb - strike (water or bushes) repeatedly to rouse animals for hunting
- verb - beat through cleverness and wit
- verb - be a mystery or bewildering to
- verb - wear out completely
- adj - very tired
- To strike repeatedly.
- To punish by hitting or whipping; flog.
- To strike against repeatedly and with force; pound: waves beating the shore.
- To flap, especially wings.
- To strike so as to produce music or a signal: beat a drum.
- To mark or count (time or rhythm) with the hands or with a baton.
- To shape or break by repeated blows; forge: beat the glowing metal into a dagger.
- To make by pounding or trampling: beat a path through the jungle.
- To mix rapidly with a utensil: beat two eggs in a bowl.
- To defeat or subdue, as in a contest.
- To force to withdraw or retreat: beat back the enemy.
- To dislodge from a position: I beat him down to a lower price.
- To be superior to or better than: Riding beats walking.
- To perplex or baffle: It beats me; I don’t know the answer.
- To avoid or counter the effects of, often by thinking ahead; circumvent: beat the traffic.
- To arrive or finish before (another): We beat you home by five minutes.
- To deprive, as by craft or ability: He beat me out of 20 dollars with his latest scheme.
- To inflict repeated blows.
- To pulsate; throb.
- To cause beating by superposing waves of different frequencies.
- To emit sound when struck: The gong beat thunderously.
- To strike a drum.
- To flap repeatedly.
- To be victorious or successful; win.
- To hunt through woods or underbrush in search of game.
- To sail in the direction from which the wind blows.
- A stroke or blow, especially one that produces a sound or serves as a signal.
- A pulsation or throb.
- A pulsation produced by beating.
- A regular, rhythmical unit of time.
- The gesture used by a conductor to indicate this unit of time.
- The symbol representing this unit of time.
- The measured, rhythmical sound of verse; meter.
- The area regularly covered by a reporter, a police officer, or a sentry: television’s culture beat.
- The reporting of a news item obtained ahead of one’s competitors.
- Wornout; fatigued.
- Of, relating to, or being a beatnik: the beat generation.
- To drive away.
- To masturbate.
- adj - to strike repeatedly [v BEAT, BEATEN, BEATING, BEATS] : BEATABLE
There are 4 letters in BEAT: A B E T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BEAT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BEAT plus a wildcard: BEAT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BEAT
Images for BEAT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.