Scrabble word: MISTRESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does MISTRESS exist?
Definitions of MISTRESS in dictionaries:
- noun - an adulterous woman
- noun - a woman schoolteacher (especially one regarded as strict)
- noun - a woman master who directs the work of others
- A woman in a position of authority, control, or ownership, as the head of a household: “Thirteen years had seen her mistress of Kellynch Hall” (Jane Austen).
- A woman owner of an animal or a slave.
- A woman with ultimate control over something: the mistress of her own mind.
- A nation or country that has supremacy over others: Great Britain, once the mistress of the seas.
- Something personified as female that directs or reigns: “my mistress... the open road” (Robert Louis Stevenson).
- A woman who has mastered a skill or a branch of learning: a mistress of the culinary art.
- A woman who has a continuing sexual relationship with a usually married man who is not her husband and from whom she generally receives material support.
- A woman schoolteacher.
- noun - a woman in a position of authority