Scrabble word: STRESS
Is STRESS valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of STRESS in dictionaries:
- noun - the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch)
- noun - (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense
- noun - special emphasis attached to something
- noun - difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension
- noun - (physics) force that produces strain on a physical body
- verb - to stress, single out as important
- verb - put stress on
- verb - test the limits of
- Importance, significance, or emphasis placed on something.
- The relative force with which a sound or syllable is spoken.
- The emphasis placed on the sound or syllable spoken most forcefully in a word or phrase.
- The relative force of sound or emphasis given a syllable or word in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- A syllable having strong relative emphasis in a metrical pattern.
- Accent or a mark representing it.
- An applied force or system of forces that tends to strain or deform a body.
- The internal resistance of a body to such an applied force or system of forces.
- A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.
- A stimulus or circumstance causing such a condition.
- A state of extreme difficulty, pressure, or strain: “He presided over the economy during the period of its greatest stress and danger” (Robert J.
- To place emphasis on: stressed basic fire safety.
- To give prominence to (a syllable or word) in pronouncing or in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- To subject to physical or mental pressure, tension, or strain.
- To subject to mechanical pressure or force.
- To subject to or undergo extreme stress, as from working.
- verb - to place emphasis on
There are 6 letters in STRESS: E R S S S T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to STRESS
Click to search all anagrams of STRESS plus a wildcard: STRESS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word STRESS
Images for STRESS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.