Scrabble word: STRESS
In which Scrabble dictionary does STRESS exist?
Definitions of STRESS in dictionaries:
- noun - the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch)
- noun - (psychology) a state of mental or emotional strain or suspense
- noun - special emphasis attached to something
- noun - difficulty that causes worry or emotional tension
- noun - (physics) force that produces strain on a physical body
- verb - to stress, single out as important
- verb - put stress on
- verb - test the limits of
- Importance, significance, or emphasis placed on something.
- The relative force with which a sound or syllable is spoken.
- The emphasis placed on the sound or syllable spoken most forcefully in a word or phrase.
- The relative force of sound or emphasis given a syllable or word in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- A syllable having strong relative emphasis in a metrical pattern.
- Accent or a mark representing it.
- An applied force or system of forces that tends to strain or deform a body.
- The internal resistance of a body to such an applied force or system of forces.
- A mentally or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences and capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increased heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression.
- A stimulus or circumstance causing such a condition.
- A state of extreme difficulty, pressure, or strain: “He presided over the economy during the period of its greatest stress and danger” (Robert J.
- To place emphasis on: stressed basic fire safety.
- To give prominence to (a syllable or word) in pronouncing or in accordance with a metrical pattern.
- To subject to physical or mental pressure, tension, or strain.
- To subject to mechanical pressure or force.
- To subject to or undergo extreme stress, as from working.
- verb - to place emphasis on